To ensure that nonprofit and faith-based organizations serving San Francisco’s vulnerable populations are prepared for a disaster; to play a central role in the coordination of these organizations in their disaster preparedness, response, and recovery efforts.
For more than 22 years, SF CARD has been a leader in providing emergency management programs and services to the nonprofit sector and the faith-based community.
In 1994, SF CARD began its coordination initiatives to support local agencies and the vulnerable populations they serve.
- Worked with over 150 nonprofit/faith organizations in San Francisco, Marin, and Contra Costa Counties.
- 1 of only 7 Organizations in the United States to be awarded a CDC Foundation Grant in 2013.
- SF CARD staff have deployed to national disasters over the years, such as, Hurricane Gustav in 2008 & Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
- Membership on NorCal VOAD and administer the San Francisco VOAD Program.
- Membership on San Francisco Mayor’s Disaster Council and San Francisco Mayor’s Office on Disability Disaster Committee.
- Membership on Earthquake Country Alliance and local and state Citizen Corps Councils.
- Worked with California Volunteers on continued development of disaster resilient standards for nonprofits.
- In 2011, Business Recovery Managers Association (BRMA) honored us with the Award for Excellence for Community Disaster Preparedness because of the multi-sector response and recovery network we have coordinated.
- SF CARD works directly with San Francisco Department of Emergency Management to respond to local and regional disasters.
SF CARD is a 501(C)(3) Nonprofit Organization